Grease fire, car fire reported Feb. 22

The Mexico Public Safety Department responded to a pair of incidents on Feb. 22. At 9:30 in the morning, a kitchen fire ignited in a house on the 900 block of North Kentucky, Fire crews found the blaze had been put out by a resident. They learned that the person had grease in a pan on the stove and had left the room for a moment.

Early that afternoon firefighters were called to the 1700 block of W. Boulevard where a car had caught fire. Responding personnel found that a vehicle was being towed after having mechanical issues, when the tow operator noticed a small fire in the engine compartment. The fire was extinguished in that area with nothing beyond the engine compartment having damage.

There were no injuries from either incident.

User login