Grease starts blaze

Shortly after midnight on Thursday, July 15, the Mexico Public Safety Department responded to Howell Manor Court in reference to a fire.

Responding personnel found a small fire in the kitchen of an apartment. The flames were quickly knocked down and snuffed out.

The resident explained to firefighters that he was heating a greased pan and briefly stepped out of the kitchen. When he returned, he saw fire on the stovetop that spread to wooden cabinets.

There were no injuries, but the kitchen sustained moderate fire damage.

User login