No injuries in house fire

Firefighters from the Mexico Public Safety Department extinguished a bedroom fire before it could spread. A child who had been in the room when the fire ignited escaped safely.

The incident occurred on Monday, July 12, just before 3 p.m. Crews responded to reports of a blaze in the 900 block of Garfield Street. They were able to contain and then fully douse the flames.

According to MPSD reports, the child told firefighters that he placed an electronic toy on a pile of clothes. The toy apparently overheated and started the fire.

The room suffered significant fire and smoke damage. The rest of the house had smoke damage. But there were no injuries reported.

User login