A former food truck was claimed in a Saturday afternoon blaze over the weekend. The trailer, which once housed Mexico-area business, The Munch Box, was destroyed, but quick action from Mexico’s …
A former food truck was claimed in a Saturday afternoon blaze over the weekend. The trailer, which once housed Mexico-area business, The Munch Box, was destroyed, but quick action from Mexico’s public safety and fire departments helped contain the blaze.
The Mexico Public Safety Department was called at about 2:16 p.m. and responded to the vicinity of West Love and Wade Street in reference to a food truck-style trailer on fire.
Responding personnel found the trailer in a private driveway at 319 N. Wade Street fully engulfed in flame. The fire had spread to the house and was melting the siding of another nearby house, located at 705 West Love Street. Conditions were complicated, as the fire had also caused an overhead electric line to fall, creating an additional concern for those on the scene.
Three trucks and a team of emergency personnel collaborated to extinguish the fire, with the scene officially cleared in about three hours. While the fire was extinguished, the trailer was completely destroyed and flames burned through the roof of the Wade Street home. No one was in the Wade Street home at the time of the fire.
Damage to the 705 West Love residence was primarily to its garage siding.
The food trailer had not been used for some time but still had propane on board and electricity running to it through an extension cord. The owner had been cleaning the trailer earlier that day; officials are confident the fire originated in the trailer.
There were no injuries from the incident.
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here