The Audrain County Health Department (ACHD) is partnering with the Mexico-Audrain County Library system to promote a healthier lifestyle for Audrain County residents. ACHD has donated 10 books …
The Audrain County Health Department (ACHD) is partnering with the Mexico-Audrain County Library system to promote a healthier lifestyle for Audrain County residents. ACHD has donated 10 books dedicated to health to help kickstart the “Read Healthy, Get Healthy” program.
“We are really excited to help launch this program for our residents with the Mexico-Audrain County Library system,” said ACHD Administrator/CEO Craig Brace. “Being able to use another avenue such as our public library system to help residents in their health walk is invaluable in meeting our mission as a health department to Prevent, Promote, Protect.”
The nine books donated by the health department range from subjects such as diabetes control, obesity and mental health.
“These are subjects that Audrain County residents deal with every day in their lives to some extent,” ACHD Clinical Services Manager Becky Wieberg said. “Our hope by providing easy access to these books for county residents through the library system is that residents will feel more in control of their own health and learn how to take better care of themselves.”
Mexico-Audrain County Public Library Director Christal Bruner says the library system is also excited to join in this partnership with ACHD.
“We are thrilled to offer these books on the subject of health to our patrons,” she said. “We hope to continue expanding this program going forward and we hope our county residents will look to us in the near future for more information on healthy topics we will be presenting through offering these books.”
The list of books are as follows:
- Why We Get Fat and What to Do About It
- The Case Against Sugar
- The Hacking of the American Mind: The Science Behind the Corporate Takeover of Our Bodies and Brains
- The Diabetes Code: Prevent and Reverse Type 2 Diabetes Naturally
- Soap and Water and Common Sense: The Definitive Guide to Viruses, Bacteria, Parasites and Disease
- Vax-Unvax: Let the Science Speak (Children’s Health Defense)
- Unlock Your Health: Live Your Best Life
- A Teen’s Guide to Gut Health: The Low-FODMAP Way to Tame IBS, Crohn’s, Colitis, and Other Digestive Disorders
- 10 Minutes to Feel Less Anxious: How To Be Proactive With Your Mental Health and Anxiety
They will be available for checkout to library patrons starting on May 22nd.